Custom Feather Flags!
Upfront pricing on Feather Flags, no surprises at check out, or signup required to see what your final price. The price you see below is the price you pay! Use our online custom flag maker or let us design your feather banner free of charge!
Quality Feather Flags Cheap!
All Prices Include Custom Feather Flag, Fiberglass Pole, Ground Stake. and Carrying Bag.
Wholesale Quantity Pricing is for a complete kit that includes pole and ground stake. Start saving when you buy 2 or more – FREE Shipping!!
Single Sided Complete Kit Only $184.00
Double Sided Complete Kit Only $244.00
Single Sided Complete Kit Only $169.00
Double Sided Complete Kit Only $224.00
Single Sided Complete Kit Only $164.00
Double Sided Complete Kit Only $194.00
Wholesale Feather Flag Pricing – The More You Buy…The More You Save!
A lot of Dealers won’t offer a discount unless you purchase five or more custom feather banner kits, but Big Tex Banners gives a discount when you buy just 2 or more kits!! Buy more and get your feather flags cheap!
Get Your Business Noticed with Custom Advertising Flags
We offer Custom Feather Flags with your message, colors and artwork. Looking for ways to make your business or event stand out? Feather Flags are effective as well as inexpensive. Buy your Feather Banners on the cheap! You can save up to $150.00 with our wholesale quantity discounts
- 14ft Tall – Demands Attention!
- Only $184.00 a Flag Kit with FREE shipping!
- Use our Online Designer or let us design it free of charge!
- Feather Flags Cheap – Wholesale pricing, buy more save more!
- Quick Turnaround and Delivery!
- Single or Double Sided options available – Choose from 3 Sizes
Add up all the benefits of using a flag banner versus cost. And it is hard to find a better advertising value that can work 24/7 promoting your business.
Custom Feather Banners – Fast Turnaround!
- Use our online designer or let us design free of charge.
- Build Brand Awareness.
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use.
- Enhance the effectiveness of onsite signage.
- One of the most cost effective ways to draw attention to your business.
- Easy to transport, only take a few minutes to set up.
- 3 Feather Flag Sizes to choose from.
Free Shipping applies to Hawaii and Alaska! We don’t charge additional freight fees to ship custom feather banners to Hawaii or Alaska.
Pay Later Program
Big Tex Banners offers a Design Now – Pay Later Option
- Pick Your Product and Submit A Design or Design Request.
- Free Digital Proof via email of the design based on your requirements.
- Request Design Changes or Approve.
- If you asked for changes, design rep will make changes and send back for review.
- If you approve the design, choose payment method.
- Your order goes into production.
- Color matching available with PMS Color Matching
- Giving you piece of mind before your order goes into production.
Get your design set and fine-tuned before you have to pay!
Feather Flag Designer
Create Your Custom Feather Banner
- Upload Your Artwork, product photos or Logo.
- Choose your own colors and fonts
- Create an account and save your designs.
- We provide FREE proofs for you to look over before your order goes into production.
Our online designer allows you to experiment with colors, upload artwork and photos. You will be able to create a feather flag design that makes your business stand out.
Too Busy To Design your Flag? Let Us To Design it for you FREE Of Charge. Click below to use our easy submission form and give us some basic information and we will put a proof together for you. You can also call us at 888-849-2749
Download Feather Flag Templates
Download Adobe Illustrator Flag Templates that you can use on your computer. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Feather Flag-Large-Single-Sided - AI (526 downloads)
Feather Flag-Large-Double-Sided - AI (421 downloads)
Feather Flag-Large-Single-Sided - pdf (442 downloads)
Feather Flag-Large-Double-Sided-pdf (425 downloads)
Feather Flag-Medium-Single-Sided - AI (428 downloads)
Feather Flag-Medium-Double-Sided - AI (469 downloads)
Feather Flag-Medium-Single-Sided-pdf (428 downloads)
Feather Flag-Medium-Double-Sided-pdf (463 downloads)
Feather Flag Frequently Asked Questions.
The answer to this question depends on how you plan to display the flags. Single sided flags work well if they are on display at a distance. In addition, it helps if the message is simple like “SALE”, “OPEN” or Branding. The single sided option works well along roadways and driveways. Especially, when drawing attention is the primary goal. If prospects are up close or will the flags include detailed information. A double-sided option may be your best option.
The turnaround time is usually one business day. Your order will ship the next business day from our production facility after you approve your design. Once your order ships, it will take 2-5 business days to reach you depending on your location. If you need expedited shipping services like 2 day or overnight please contact us at 888-849-2749 for details.
Big Tex Banners & Flags never charges for design services. If you need help call us at 888-849-2749. We can use your print ready logos, photos, and colors to create a design that will showcase your product or service. We have been designing custom flags for over 10 years and can put this experience to work for you. Please note that we do need print ready artwork, please do not use images found on the web. In most cases web images are low resolution. For best results we need artwork that is at least 150 DPI. Feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.
Yes, when you submit your custom feather flag design it does not have to be perfect, just get your basic layout with the images, colors and wording you would like to see and we can clean it up and provide a proof for you to preview. When you submit your design indicate in the comments you would like for us to fine tune it.
No, we will send you a proof free of charge and we will not print your order until you have approved the proof.
When you receive your proof you will look it over to see if everything is to your liking. If for any reason you would like to see a change, simply reply to the email with your changes, or call us at 888-849-2749 and tell us what changes you would like to see. We will make the changes and send you a new proof. You can keep asking for changes until the design is exactly how you want. Remember your order will not print until you approve the proof.
Yes, our advertising flags are constructed of durable 110g knitted polyester. Making our advertising flags suitable for both indoor and outdoor use.
Yes, as with any flag excessive wind will shorten the life of flag banners. If you know inclement weather is coming you should bring it in to extend the life of the display.
The short answer is 9-24 months when using them daily, depending on the location, There are several factors that determine how long it will last. Some of these factors include weather, pollution, and maintenance. Below are some of the things you can do to get the most use possible.
1) When installing we recommended that two people are used to setup and install the flag in order to prevent any damage to the flag or hardware.
2) Check and make sure all bearings are properly lubricated the first time you install your kit, be sure to maintain and keep these bearings well lubricated thereafter to keep rust from accumulating in or around the hardware. This can be easily done with Lubricants such as WD-40.
3) It is recommended that you bring your feather flag and hardware inside at night and when rain or strong winds are expected. Feather Flags are not meant to withstand extreme weather conditions and should not be left exposed to extreme conditions for extended periods of time.
4) Installation should be in a location where it can move freely without coming into contact with objects such as trees, fences, walls, buildings etc. Allowing continual contact with objects can cause damage to your custom feather flags.
Yes, it is perfectly safe to put your advertising Banners in your washing machine on a gentle cycle. Your Flags should be air-dried and not put in the dryer.
What is a Feather Flag?
Advertising flags as a whole have become almost as popular as vinyl banners when it comes to inexpensive outdoor advertising. There are several different banner flag styles and sizes that come under the definition of an Advertising flag, they go by names like Swooper Flag, Teardrop Flag, and Sail Flag are just a few of the names used. But of all the styles available, vertical advertising flags have quickly grown as the most popular type of advertising flag. This article will discuss the reasons for the popularity of feather flags and explore the options available when buying and using Feather Flags.
History of Feather Flags
In the last 15 years or so, advertising flags have quickly become one of the most popular ways for a business or organization to draw attention. This increase in popularity is due to an evolution from the traditional flag sizes and shapes, to the tall, slender shaped advertising flags we see today. The inspiration for today’s feather flags can be traced back to Umbul-Umbul flags. These colorful, uniquely shaped flags have long been part of festivals and religious events in Bali, Java, and Indonesia. In the early ’80s, these flags inspired American kite & flag artist George Peters to create a variety of flag designs that he used at various exhibits. It was at these exhibits that the term “Feather Banners” originated after a reviewer at Phoenix Contemporary Arts Center in 1982 described the shape as “feather-like”.
Evolution of Feather Banner Shape.
These early Feather Banners lacked the curved top that we are familiar with today as they were mounted on a straight pole with the edge of the flag being curved. Feather Flags would evolve again when a kite designer from the UK named Martin Lester would introduce the curved top design using a fiberglass fishing pole. These were mainly used for display at festivals in the beginning. The inevitable crossover to advertising is believed to have taken place at a kite festival in Bristol UK in 1993, and a new breed of advertising flag was born. Numerous variations would follow and give way to the basic banner flag shapes we have today.
Personalized Feather Flags versus Pre-Printed Feather Signs
Feather Flags offer two design options to choose from, you can have a banner flag customized with your message, or you can purchase Pre-printed stock flags with designs that represent a wide variety of business categories. These categories include Auto, Food Service, Real Estate, and then general Feather Flags that advertise Sales, Specials, or just solid colors to draw attention. When it comes to pricing, the pre-printed feather signs are usually less expensive than the customized advertising flag because of bulk printing. While the customized option may cost a little more, they allow you to use your branding and message. A popular method is to combine the use of custom feather flags, and the pre-printed feather signs to draw attention. Using both styles can maximize your exposure and stretch your advertising dollar.
Are Custom Feather Flags Double Sided?
While almost all pre-printed flags come single sided, custom feather flags have the option of having a double-sided display. Double sided displays usually consist of 2 plies that are sewn together with a blocker layer in the middle. The two plies allow you to have a message on each side, with the blocker layer between to prevent light from passing through and visually distorting the message. We have a more detailed explanation, and a quiz to help you choose single- or double-sided feather flags here.
Big Tex Banners Now Offers Duplex Printed Feather Flags
Double-Sided Prints on a single layer! We will be rolling out new pricing and options for single layer double-sided feather flags!
Most Feather flag sets or kits include a pole and ground stake. The pole sets usually come in 3-4 pieces that fit conveniently together and consist of lightweight fiberglass or aluminum sections, or a combination thereof. The ground stake is the standard mount included in most standard packages. The ground stake is driven into the ground and provides a stable base that holds the flag pole. When it comes to indoor use, or where a stake can’t be driven into the ground, several options exist.
Indoor mount options.
The most common alternative to the ground stake is the Cross Base, the Cross Base allows your custom feather flag to set up anywhere there is a flat, stable surface. A water bag or sandbag counter-weight stabilizes the cross base to keep the flag from tipping over. Other mounts available include wall mounts, tire mounts, and hardware that allows mounting your custom feather flags to the legs on a custom tent.
What is the turnaround time for a Custom Feather Flag?
When it comes to finding out how long it takes to get a custom flag, there are two things you need to consider. First is production time, second is shipping method. In most cases the production time starts once the design proof has been approved, and can run anywhere from next day to two weeks. Some dealers will offer to expedite production for a custom flag for a fee. Still, if you shop around, you will be able to find expedited production without having to pay any extra charges. Shipping methods can be pretty standard with transit times in the 3-5-day range.
Do I need a permit to use Banner Flags?
If you are in an incorporated area like a small town or larger city, you should check to see if regulations require you to get a permit to display feather flags. Some communities require permitting, or may even forbid the use of advertising flags. If you are not obliged or limited by local regulation, you should still display your custom feather flags with safety and common courtesy in mind. Do not overuse or become a nuisance to your neighbors by blocking the view of their signage. Be sure to replace or remove old tattered and faded advertising flags that no longer benefit your business. This responsibility applies to all types of advertising flags. Using feather responsibly can help prevent future regulation or banning of vertical advertising flags in your community.
Feather flag design options –
Now it is time to get your design idea ready for print. As you look for an online flag maker, you will find that there are multiple options to have your feather flag design created.
- Online Designer – Most online dealers offer an online design option for your online. In most cases, you can choose fonts, colors, and upload artwork.
- Design Service – Most online flag makers offer a feather flag design service, some offer this service for free, but be sure to verify before ordering as some will charge for this service. To use this type of service, you contact the dealer and describe the type of design you want, and submit any artwork or logos you wish to use. The dealer will put together a proof and send it to you for approval.
- Download a feather flag template – Another option offered by some online custom flag makers is the option to download feather flag templates and put together a layout for your banner flag on your computer.
After submitting your layout through one of these methods, you will need to proof the design. Most dealers require you to proof your design during checkout, while some will offer to send you a production proof for approval. It varies by the dealer on the price for a PDF proof; in some cases, there is no charge. Either way, carefully check your design before you submit it.
Tips for designing and ordering a custom flags –
- When using or submitting artwork for your design, use quality images with a minimum of 150 dpi, avoid using images found on the web as they are usually 72 dpi and will not print well.
- Use easy to read fonts for your message. Keep your audience in mind when designing your feather flag. For example, if your planning on using your banner flag on a roadside for passing traffic, you will want a short easy to read message.
- Fully understand the difference between single and double sided feather flags and which option will work best for you. Knowing the difference could save you money as a double sided feather flags are not always necessary.
- Be sure to check if any local ordinances regulate the use of feather flags, before purchasing.
- Use your branding whenever possible. Inserting your logo, tagline, or product and service offered can increase brand awareness for your business.
Used Properly – Custom Feather Flags can give your business advertising a leg up!
You May Also Like…